Welcome to my blog!

I'm so glad you came to visit! My goal with this blog is to share my cooking and baking adventures, kitchen tips, and fun!! I hope you'll join me on the adventure. Keep an eye out for new kitchen tips every Friday. Have some you'd like to share?? Let me know, and I'll be sure to post them! I'd also like to share recipes and swap some with friends, maybe even cook our way through a cookbook or 2. Who knows??

Please feel free to leave a comment if you like the post! (For those of you new to blogging,
under each post will be the word "comment"
- click on it and follow the directions.)



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Garlic Chicken Pasta

Last night I made a delicious garlic chicken pasta! It was really almost by accident. I always plan my weekly menu and Sunday, and this week I was not feeling really motivated. I had every day figured out but one, and I figured I would just "wing it" at the grocery store and pick something up.
I stood in the aisle looking at dinner kits, indecisive. Then to the right of the dinner kits were the flavored rice and noodles. I grabbed a box og the Pasta Roni Garlic Butter noodles thinking it would make a quick yummy side dish. But the more I looked at it, I thought "how bout throwing in some chicken and making it a main dish?"
So when I went to prepare it last night, I was a bit chagrined to discover that there was a recipe for garlic chicken pasta right on the back of the box! Guess my idea wasn't so original after all! Haha.
But it did turn out to be quick and delicious, and a salad and good bread were the perfect finishers!
Here's the recipe!
1 box Pasta Roni
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 3/4 cup water
2 Tbso butter
1/3 cup milk

Start by cutting up the chicken breast into bite size pieces. Melt the butter in a large skillet, then add the chicken. Brown on both sides, till cooked through.
Slowly add the water and milk, then bring to a boil.
Add the pasta and seasoing packet and stir.

Cook, stirring frequently for about 6 minutes. Sauce will be thin; remove from heat and let thicken about 4 minutes.
Serve with your favorite salad and some yummy bread!!
Enjoy!!
Coming later this week (finally!)-my meat loaf recipe! Be sure to swing back by!
-Cakegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment