Welcome to my blog!

I'm so glad you came to visit! My goal with this blog is to share my cooking and baking adventures, kitchen tips, and fun!! I hope you'll join me on the adventure. Keep an eye out for new kitchen tips every Friday. Have some you'd like to share?? Let me know, and I'll be sure to post them! I'd also like to share recipes and swap some with friends, maybe even cook our way through a cookbook or 2. Who knows??

Please feel free to leave a comment if you like the post! (For those of you new to blogging,
under each post will be the word "comment"
- click on it and follow the directions.)



Thursday, November 11, 2010

It May Not LOOK Real Pretty, but....

it tasted pretty darn good!!
Tonight we tried Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime, a recipe from Paula Deen's "The Deen Family Cookbook". It was relatively easy and quick to put together, and had a really nice tangy flavor!
Here's the recipe:
3-4 chicken breasts
3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced (I used 2 cause we LOVE garlic in this house!!)
finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
3/4 tsp pepper
salt

Preheat oven to 400. Rinse chicken and pat dry; place in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, mayo, garlic, lime zest and juice, and pepper. Season the chicken generously with salt. Pour the mustard-mayo mixture over the chicken, tossing well to coat. In a large baking pan, arrange the chicken to fit in a single layer. Bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.

This is definitely one I'll make again!!
Tomorrow's challenge - Camembert Pasta and homemade foccacia bread!

And though it has nothing to do with food, I just had to include this pic of my incredibly adorbale daughter in her Little Red Riding Hood Halloween costume!

And one playing in the leaves.

Can you tell I'm crazy about her??

Anyhow, be sure to stop by tomorrow for Friday's kitchen tip of the week, and for the results of tomorrow's new recipe!
-Cakegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment