Welcome to my blog!

I'm so glad you came to visit! My goal with this blog is to share my cooking and baking adventures, kitchen tips, and fun!! I hope you'll join me on the adventure. Keep an eye out for new kitchen tips every Friday. Have some you'd like to share?? Let me know, and I'll be sure to post them! I'd also like to share recipes and swap some with friends, maybe even cook our way through a cookbook or 2. Who knows??

Please feel free to leave a comment if you like the post! (For those of you new to blogging,
under each post will be the word "comment"
- click on it and follow the directions.)



Friday, November 12, 2010

Kitchen Tip of the Week

I thought with the Holidays quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to share one of my very favorite kitchen tips!
I always hated making sugar cookies because of the mess it made when I rolled them out on the counter. Flour everywhere, and then my cookies would get too much of it and be a bit on the dry side.
Then came the perfect solution - good ol parchment paper and wax paper! (Sorry I don't have any pics to post for a tutorial, but I think it's easy enough to get the gist of without them.)
1.After your dough has been refrigerated and is ready to be rolled out, lay out a sheet of parchment paper the same size as your cookie sheet.
2. Lay the dough down on top of the parchment paper.
3. Lay a piece of wax paper over the top.
4. Now use your rolling pin OVER the wax paper to roll out the dough.
5. Cut out your shapes, and then simply slide the parchment sheet right on to your cookie sheet!
6. Have another sheet of parchment ready to go to roll out the remaining dough and cut out more shapes. 7. When your cookies are done baking, just slide the whole parchment right on to your cooling rack - no chance of breakage from having to move them one by one with a spatula!! And it makes clean-up a snap!

Do you have a favorite tip to share? Please do!
Also, head on over to Tidy Mom and check out the "Love the Pie Party" coming up on 11/15. I'm tracking down a recipe right now to bake and share the results!

Be sure to drop by later to check out the results and get the recipe for the Camembert Pasta!

-Cakegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment