Welcome to my blog!

I'm so glad you came to visit! My goal with this blog is to share my cooking and baking adventures, kitchen tips, and fun!! I hope you'll join me on the adventure. Keep an eye out for new kitchen tips every Friday. Have some you'd like to share?? Let me know, and I'll be sure to post them! I'd also like to share recipes and swap some with friends, maybe even cook our way through a cookbook or 2. Who knows??

Please feel free to leave a comment if you like the post! (For those of you new to blogging,
under each post will be the word "comment"
- click on it and follow the directions.)



Friday, November 12, 2010

Mmmmm...Pasta!

I'm so excited to share this recipe with you, cause it was YUMMY!!!
Tonight I made the Camembert Pasta. My original intent had been to make some homemade focaccia to go with it, but after filling in for another mom at school today, I just ran out of time. (Which was a real bummer, cause I LOVE bread!!)
Anyhow, this recipe came from an issue of Food Network Magazine a while back. Here are the ingredients:
1 8oz box camembert cheese
2 cloves garlic
1 sprig fresh rosemary
freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
4oz parmesan cheese
sea salt
1 lb dried rigatoni
3 cups fresh spinach leaves

Preheat your oven to 350. Open the box of cheese and unwrap it. Place it back in the wooden container.

Score a circle into the top of the skin, then lift it off and discard.

Peel and finely slice the garlic. Pick the rosemary leaves off the woody stalk. Lay the garlic slices on top of the cheese, sprinkle with some pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Scatter the rosemary leaves on top and gently pat with your fingers to coat them in oil.
Grate the parmesan and set aside. (I'm not gonna lie - I just used Kraft grated parmesan!!)
Place the box of cheese on a cookie sheet and put it in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When your cheese has 10 minutes left to cook, add the rigatoni to the pot and cook according to package directions. When the pasta is cooked, add the spinach to the pot - it only needs cooking for 10 seconds or so.
Drain the pasta and spinach, reserving a little bit of the pasta water. Return to pot and drizzle with a bit of olive oil, add the parmesan cheese, pasta water, and a bit of salt and pepper and stir. Remove the cheese from the oven.
(Mmmmm...cheese...drool...)
Divide the pasta among serving dishes and then spoon some of the cheese over the top of each. YUM!


It was a big hit around here, even with my toughest food critic!!


Well, give it a try and let me know what you think!
Stay tuned tomorrow evening for Southwestern Cream of Chicken Soup!!

-Cakegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment